Air handling unit nowadays is very important as the pollution level is rising the need of quality air is significant. Mostly people are looking for an Air Handler that can give them freshness and comfort. These AHU’s are so in demand but many people are unaware about what AHU is all about, what it can do or where it can be used for?
In this article we will give you a brief about what is AHU, its different types and why it is needed? So here we start!
WHAT IS AHU?
AHU stands for Air Handling Unit. It is also referred as Air Handlers. It is a device used to regulate & circulate air as a major aspect of ventilating, heating and air conditioning systems. The basic function of the AHU is take in outside air, re-condition it and supplies it as fresh air to an industry or buildings. AHU is a segment of HVAC systems that cools and circulates air into the space via a duct.
AHU is a box containing a blower, heating or cooling elements, filter racks or chambers, sound attenuators, dampers and several more. It is one of the equipment in environmental monitoring system, which conditions the air, controls it to a required temperature, relative humidity, pressure and transports it to a required site. The function of AHU is to suck air from the rooms through the return duct and let it pass through air filters, then discharging the conditioned air back to the rooms.
Types of AHU
AHU is available in different categories and have a wide range accordingly. These units are categorized or can be differentiated according to their size, shape and functionality. Some types of Air Handling Units are mentioned below:
- Single skin AHU and Double skin AHU
- Chiller operating and Condenser coil-based
- Horizontal or vertical type AHU
- Ceiling mounted AHU
- Draw through/ blow through AHU
- Factory fabricated & field built-up
- Rooftop & indoor
- Make-up (primary) air
- Package units
- Split package units
Why AHU is needed?
In general, AHU offers a number of benefits for all of us like:
- It is used to avoid cross-contamination
- It is used to avoid microbial contamination
- It requires minimal floor space
- It is used to get the air of desired temperature & humidity
- It’s Droplet separator is used removal of water drops
- It is used for sufficient quantity of air supply
- It might use as dehumidification in swimming pools
- It is used to supply and extract air direct to space located on a roof
- It is used in filtering function for exhaust air
- It is used in heating function
- It is used in cooling function
- It is cost-effective
- It is used for good working environment
- It is used as a humidifier function for air humidification
- It’s installation is easy and fast
- It is easily movable from one place to another
- Special modification can be done as per the requirement of the user.
So these are some basics and key points about Air Handling Units and its benefits. If you are looking to go ahead and want to buy it, you can contact the best manufacturer, exporter and supplier of Air Handling Unit i.e. Waves Aircon Pvt. Ltd.
Hoping this article will be beneficial to you.